What does home insurance cover?
There are two critical components of home insurance:
- Property insurance: designed to cover damages to building structure, any detached buildings and the personal belongings.
- Liability protection: provides financial coverage for damage due to claims that need to be paid due to negligent actions that injure other people or damage the property of others.
Home Insurance: How it Works
Home insurance provides financial protection from a wide range of risks that can damage your home and impact your living and financial situation. The cost to insure your home depends on several underwriting factors taken into account by the insurance companies. Our insurance advisors in Calgary, Alberta will help you determine the home insurance coverage you need, starting with examining the perils you may be exposed to:
- Comprehensive Homeowner — All risk building and contents
- Broad Homeowner — All risk building and named perils content
- Additional living expenses
- Detached structures
Some of the perils covered under a Homeowner Policy:
- Water damage
- Hail storms
- Wind storms
- Lightning damage
Ask Our Advisors
Our experienced advisors are committed to finding you the best policy for your needs. We obtain quotes from several insurance companies and explain in detail the coverages and options available for your home insurance:
- Your home: the relevant information about your house, construction materials, age, previous damage, upgrades and renovations, its current condition, environmental and structural risks, and personal valuables that need protection.
- Discover home insurance options: our insurance advisors will present you with several policy options based on your insurance needs. We provide protection only from leading Canadian insurance companies, at the most competitive market rates.
- Enjoy peace of mind: sit back and relax, knowing that your home is protected by a comprehensive policy, with a 24/7 claims service if you ever need it.
How much does home insurance cost?
We find you the most competitive rates in the market, which are often determined by these core factors:
About your home:
- Property size.
- Age and condition, location and environment.
- Value of property and contents: often informed by construction materials and finishing, the presence of valuables, and other factors that impact the value of your home.
- Discounts: You may be eligible for discounts on your policy if you have an alarm or water sensors on your property, are claims-free, can claim a discount for maturity, have more than one insurance (auto & home) policy with us, occupation, if you have a water flow device and a stable residency.
At BrokerLink, our advisors will explain to you the various coverages, optional coverages, discounts, deductible etc. Contact our advisors to learn more.
Get a Quote With BrokerLink
Let BrokerLink help you find home insurance. Give yourself the tools to make a more informed decision when choosing your home insurance by speaking with a broker. Get a quote with BrokerLink today.
Get a home insurance quote [phone]
More Ways to Find a Great Home Insurance Rate