We’re open for business. Contact us by phone or email at your local branch.

Debunking common insurance myths – flood damage

Aug 22, 2014 1 minute read

Flood damage is not covered under my property insurance.


Most insurance companies do not offer flood coverage; however, under most comprehensive property insurance policies, you will have coverage for a “sudden and accidental escape of water”, such as a burst pipe or hot water tank.  If you have damage from “leakage and seepage over time”, such as a dripping toilet or pipe under your sink, it is excluded from your insurance policy.

To learn more about how property insurance is changing, click here. If you have questions, be sure to contact a local BrokerLink broker. We can even conduct an insurance checkup to ensure your coverage reflects your needs.