Protecting Against Legal Claims
Reflexology insurance will also protect practitioners against legal claims such as a slip and fall on your premises, or reaction to products you may use. Reflexologists invest years of time and money in their education and designation to establish their practice, and can lose it all with a dissatisfied client.
Avoid the stressful ramifications of failing to protect your professional and personal interests by choosing a specialized coverage plan that will ensure you peace of mind.
How to mitigate potential problems with your clients?
It starts with good communication – your clients should know what to expect when coming to your clinic.
- Walk them through what they can expect – will there be any side-effects to the treatment plan you have created for them?
- Set realistic expectations – they may expect to be cured of their ailments after a few visits.
- Good housekeeping standards will minimize any general liability claims. Ensure any equipment is checked regularly before using. This could be something as simple as the chairs in your waiting room!
- Due diligence on the part of the clinic owner and practitioner is the best prevention.
- Thorough note taking is essential in today’s busy world. Not only does it ensure you are up to date on the services rendered a patient – but the patient can take comfort in your level of professionalism.
Hands-On Insurance for Hands-On Treatment
The manipulation and release experienced through Reflexology are thought to improve one’s energy, (or qi,) and can provide relief to a variety of maladies as a result. The practice should not be confused with massage therapy or acupuncture – there are essential differences between these treatments. Acupuncture for example, uses trigger points across the whole body whereas reflexology focuses on the feet, hands and ears. These types of therapies all are often used and recommended for treating symptoms of stress. This type of treatment is hands-on. Clients and practitioners work closely together and often in this type of environment, the practitioner may find themselves vulnerable to liability claims or complaints.
Reflexology insurance is designed to protect practitioners from malpractice suits and other types of legal liability issues.
Alternative therapy is often recommended for people who are suffering from stress, to help improve dietary habits and hormonal imbalances or injuries. Clinics and spas typically have different practitioners on staff who can provide a vast selection of treatments to help their clients maintain overall mental and physical health. Successful clinics will ensure all practitioners working under their roof will be covered with specific industry-related insurance policies. Reflexology is one such treatment, and the expectation is practitioners will have a specific reflexology insurance policy to cover general liability claims that can negatively affect their business.