Who needs physiotherapy insurance?
Physiotherapists need insurance to protect them from risk. As a physiotherapist, your job is to assess and treat patients who come to you with a variety of issues, which means, you are often in close contact with clients, providing them with hands-on services. While some of your treatment plans may be straightforward, issues may arise, which could result in a lawsuit. Depending on the result of the lawsuit, you may be required to pay a hefty amount in damages. Even if the lawsuit ends in your favour, the cost of legal fees can hurt your practice. Physiotherapist insurance, can provide coverage in the event that a claim is brought against you or your practice.
We offer two options:
- If you work in a clinic, you can choose either $2,000,000 or $5,000,000 coverage for professional liability only.
- Choose the package as described below and you can select between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000 for professional liability and commercial general liability.
What’s included in a Physiotherapist Insurance Package with BrokerLink?
- $5,000,000 Professional Liability: in the event of any claim brought forth through your actions or non-actions for example: you cause injury to a third party during the course of your professional service.
- $5,000,000 Commercial General Liability: in the event of any claim brought forth by bodily injury or property damage you cause to a third party, and for situations that are not in your control. For example if someone were to slip and fall coming to your appointment.
- $500,000 Tenants Legal Liability: in the event of damage you may cause to premises you rent or occupy. This insurance applies to property damage caused by fire, explosion, smoke or leakage from fire protective equipment to the rented premise. It does not cover your equipment.
- 25,000 Legal Expense Coverage
- $10,000 Criminal Defence Cost Reimbursement: Applies to allegations of sexual, physical, or verbal abuse. This coverage will reimburse you for legal expenses in the defence of an allegation, provided you plead not guilty and are found not guilty.
- $10,000 Office Protection: Provides you with a basket of coverages including: business equipment, business interruption, glass, property in transit to name a few.
- Legal Guard: 24/7 Telephone access to legal information service for questions relating to your business.
And best of all, there’s no membership fee required to enrol!
Is physio insurance mandatory?
Professional liability insurance is required for many professions in Canada, including physiotherapists. Additionally, some regulatory bodies or colleges set liability insurance minimums for each province or territory. To learn more about the professional liability insurance requirements in your province or territory, contact BrokerLink today. We can help you find a policy that not only meets the minimum coverage requirements in your area but also provides the necessary protection for your clinic.
How do I apply for physiotherapy insurance?
Protect your business and well-earned reputation as a physiotherapist by applying for your policy today or contact us if you have any questions.
Apply / Renew (ineedapolicy) 1-877-768-2262
Other Ways to Find Business Insurance with BrokerLink
By coverage type