Whether it’s a summer festival, church fundraiser or a company party, event hosts are responsible for the safety of their guests. Event insurance can help hosts handle the result of unexpected surprises, such as a guest suing for damages if they were injured.
While dependent on the event, here are four event insurance coverages one of our insurance brokers may suggest:
- General commercial and third-party liability – most venues rented for an event will require a specific amount of liability coverage; this can often be secured through commercial and/or third party liability coverage. This coverage will protect the organization and venue hosting an event from instances where a guest is injured.
- Liquor liability – this coverage will protect an organization from loss that results from serving alcohol at an event. Liquor liability is typically available in the following forms:
- Liquor license act liability: this is related to risks where the event host could be found liable for damages, even if their conduct isn’t negligent.
- Host liquor liability: this applies for events where alcohol is being served but not sold – such as a staff party.
- Non-owned vehicles and equipment – if the event is at a banquet hall with cooking equipment or volunteers are using personal vehicles as part of the event, a broker may recommend this coverage. Non-owned vehicle and equipment coverage will add protection for the organization for liability when it concerns the use of vehicles or equipment on behalf of the organization.
- Cancellation – events are often cancelled or need to be rescheduled. The right event insurance coverage can protect organizers from cancellation fees or non-refundable deposits.
How can BrokerLink Insurance brokers help event hosts?
There are often many details to coordinate and organize for an event. Our Insurance brokers can take care of finding the right insurance. Our brokers help event hosts understand the insurance coverages their event needs and unique risks they face (such as liquor liability). From there, they’ll find insurance which fits these needs.