Find qualified insurance brokers in Calgary
Calgary is the most populated city in Alberta. With over a million registered vehicles in the city and a little under 500,000 homes, this thriving metropolis is on the rise and shows no signs of stopping soon.
With so many cars on the road and some of the highest auto insurance rates in Canada, it is vital for residents to find the best value for their car insurance to keep more money in their pockets.
Luckily for you, BrokerLink can help you save time and money by finding competitive insurance quotes for you so you can get the best price. Whether it’s getting insurance for that new town house you purchased in Willow Park or you just want to make sure your car is protected while driving down Macleod Trail, let our team of certified brokers help you find the insurance products that best fit your needs.
If you're one of the lucky people who live here, you want to be confident that your possessions are properly protected. That's where BrokerLink comes in.
One of our friendly brokers will work with you to create a customized insurance policy and provide competitive quotes – so you can be confident you're getting the coverage you need at the right price. Contact your local Calgary broker today for your home insurance, car insurance and other personal and business insurance needs.
What Impacts Insurance in Calgary?
Calgary has a unique combination of downtown highrise charm and suburban sprawl that captures the spirit of Western Canada. This urban landscape affects insurance rates in both positive and negative ways when it comes to protecting your home and vehicle:
- Alberta is the third most expensive province for insurance in Canada. This will have a direct impact on your rates as a driver in Calgary.
- Although Calgary is statistically a very safe city to drive in, the province of Alberta reports the second most DUI and impaired driving charges, lagging only behind B.C. This leads to higher insurance premiums for citizens as a whole.
- Calgary can get cold in the winter. Very cold. The temperature can drop below thirty degrees during the winter months. These extreme temperatures can be rough on water pipes and indoor plumbing, especially in older homes. Ensure your walls are well insulated to avoid having frozen pipes burst on you. Talk to your insurance broker about water damage coverage so that you don’t end up paying for costly repairs if the worst case scenario does occur.
- The majority of homeowners in Calgary choose detached homes. That means you need to ensure that not only your home is covered for damage, but that any damage caused by something as trivial as a tree branch falling on your property (or your neighbour’s).
- The car is king in Calgary with only 17% of residents using public transportation compared to 24% of Torontonians, 23% of Montrealers and 20% of Vancouver commuters. This means you’ll need to make sure your auto insurance coverage meets your daily commuting needs to give you peace of mind behind the wheel.
- Crime rate: Calgary is a relatively safe city and scores in the top 10 safest Canadian cities . With that being said, there has been a rise in car theft and breaking and entering incidents. This causes increases in insurance rates across the board for all Calgarians.
- Calgary is situated close to both the Bow and Elbow rivers, which have been known to flood. Although flood coverage is not mandatory, it should be something to discuss with your broker.
Living and Driving in Calgary:
- The Trans-Canada Highway runs through no less than ten Canadian provinces with Calgary being a stop along the way. The highway becomes the famous 16 Avenue N and connects the city to both Banff and Medicine Hat.
- The average home in Calgary fetches between $450,000 to $500,000. Housing prices tend to fluctuate a little depending on the state of the oil industry within the province.
- Calgary is branded as the “Heart of the New West” and both the Calgary Folk Music Festival and world-famous Calgary Stampede have only helped to cement its image. This may be a contributing factor as to why pickup trucks are one of the most popular vehicles in Alberta.
- Calgary’s population: 1.3 million inhabitants and growing strong.
Get a quote online today or give us a call. Our qualified registered insurance broker team in Calgary will be there to get you the right coverage for individual insurance or business insurance.
We only work with trustworthy insurance companies who provide insurance products of quality and customer service remains our number one priority. Get the coverage you need with peace of mind with BrokerLink’s help.