BrokerLink remains open for business. To ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers, we are not accepting walk-ins at this time. Please reach us by phone or email – by contacting your local branch.

Home Insurance

Am I covered if I operate my business out of my home?

Depending on the nature of your home-based business there are two coverage options available to you. A home business extension can be added to your current home insurance policy to offer protection for home-based businesses that have low risks and where customers do not visit the premises.

For larger-scale operations, with expensive business property, and which could be at a higher risk of a liability claim, a commercial insurance policy is required. To learn more, read our home-based business insurance blog post.