Tenant & Renters Insurance in Ontario

Whether you’re going to school at the University of Toronto, working at a factory in Windsor or retired in Bonfield, renting is a great way to avoid being tied down and enjoy maintenance-free living anywhere in Ontario. No matter where you decide to rent, be it Kitchener, Ottawa, Toronto, Brantford, Scarborough, Whitby, North Bay, Essex, LaSalle, Chatham-Kent or Timmins, if you’re renting a place you’ll want to get tenant insurance coverage. It doesn’t matter if you’re renting a basement suite, apartment, house, duplex or condo – your landlord’s building insurance does not cover your belongings.

Get competitive quotes within 5 minutes

Life is unpredictable. Make sure your insurance isn't.

It’s simple to get the right apartment insurance when you let the friendly insurance experts at BrokerLink help you. We’ll make it easy for you to acquire the right amount of renters insurance for your needs. Your coverage can include all your valuables such as musical instruments, sports equipment, mountain bikes, collectible art, furniture, clothing, televisions, laptops and other electronics. We’ll work with you to figure out the amount of coverage you require and provide you with competitive tenant insurance quotes to make sure you’re getting the best renter's insurance rate in Ontario possible.

Renting a home in Ontario can be a great experience, and protecting your belongings with tenant insurance can help ensure it will remain a great experience in the event of an unforeseen circumstance. Ask us how renters insurance can protect you against liability. Call our insurance brokers today and see how we can help you with your apartment insurance needs. Then you can get back to whatever you’d rather be doing and forget about all those “what ifs” that life may throw your way.

Frequently Asked Questions on Tenant Insurance in Ontario:

What factors affect my tenant insurance rate in Ontario?

Several different factors influence the overall cost of your insurance as a tenant in Ontario. In general, as with most insurance policies, if you decide to cover more in terms of protection, you will pay a higher premium as a result. This is one of the most important factors to influence your insurance cost. The deductible, the type of home, and where you live will also influence these factors and your overall cost.

Is tenant insurance mandatory in Ontario?

Tenant insurance is not mandatory in Ontario, but it can be very dangerous to go without it. This is because your landlord's insurance is unlikely to cover many of the items in your home or apartment that could be damaged in the event of a disaster. Tenant insurance can give you peace of mind knowing your belongings are protected.

How quickly can I get renters insurance in Ontario?

If you need to get renter's insurance in Ontario and you want it to begin as soon as possible, get quotes today. You might have to wait to hear back from an insurance carrier with final approval, so make sure that you apply at least a few days in advance of when you want your coverage to begin. This protects you in the event something happens to your rental apartment or home.


For more FAQs, visit the BrokerLink FAQs page.

More Ways to Find a Great Rate

Tenant and Renters Insurance Quotes by Province:
Tenant and Renters Insurance Quotes by City:


Ontario Car Insurance

Why buy car insurance in Ontario? There are lots of benefits to having car insurance. Ontario dri...

Home Insurance in Ontario

Standard Home Insurance in Ontario Unlike car insurance, having a home insurance policy is not ma...

Condo Insurance in Ontario

It doesn’t matter if you live in Sarnia, Sault Ste. Marie, Parry Sound, Gatineau, Brantford, O...