Homeopathy insurance: tailored to suit
Practitioners of homeopathy should look for a policy that has been designed for their profession.We are confident you will find our industry leading ‘Occurrence Based’ policy a very affordable compliment to your practice.
Risk management strategies
Western medicine works to fix diseases and illnesses when they present themselves, whereas alternative treatments work to create a balance and well-being in body and mind. Homeopathy (not be confused with Traditional Chinese Medicine) is one such holistic approach, offering medicines known as "remedies”, which are derived from natural sources. Complimentary treatments can be used to mitigate and treat both minor and acute ailments through stimulating the body’s natural defence mechanism.
How to eliminate or mitigate potential insurance claims
It starts with good communication – your clients should be "in the know” when coming to the clinic for the first time. Walk them through what they can expect – will there be any side-effects to the treatment plan you have created for them? Set realistic expectations – they may expect to be cured of their ailments after a few visits. More obviously, good housekeeping standards will minimize any general liability claims. Ensure any equipment is checked regularly before using. This could be something as simple as the chairs in your waiting room! Due diligence on the part of the clinic owner and practitioner will be the best prevention.
Thorough note taking is essential in today’s busy world. Not only does it ensure you are up to date on the services rendered a patient – but the patient can take comfort in your level of professionalism.
Homeopathic Professionals insurance program
Our Homeopathic Professionals insurance program is designed to meet or exceed all of your College’s requirements and provides coverage for all sanctioned practices.
With premiums starting at $250.00 per year, our policy offers:
- Exclusive wordings
- Instant on-line quotation and certificate issuance for your College
- Multiple modalities for one low price
- Available property coverage extension
- Retroactive coverage available
$2,000,000 professional malpractice and commercial liability:
- ‘Occurrence basis’ policy simplifies your insurance purchase
- ‘Abuse and Molestation’ Extension Claims Made Form (per claim/annual aggregate $100,000)
- Expenses for the defense of civil actions
- Includes Legal Expense Reimbursement of $25,000 for criminal actions
- $500,000 Unintentional Breach of Confidentiality Claims Made Form
- $100,000 Employer’s Liability - per occurrence
- $500,000 Tenant’s Legal Liability - per occurrence
- Included Unintentional Failure to refer to Healthcare Provider
Please note: Coverage only applies when you are pleading and adjudged to be innocent of the offence.