Standing united to support our communities
Nov 17, 2014 1 minute read
BrokerLink employees across the country went the extra mile to show their commitment and passion towards supporting United Way.
Each year, BrokerLink’s United Way campaign supports building stronger, healthier communities across Canada. Once again, our employees went the extra mile to show their commitment and passion towards this cause.
Here are some examples of how BrokerLink employees worked together to raise funds and awareness for United Way:
- BrokerLink Oakville held a delicious United Way bake sale, raffle and 50/50 draw, raising $262.65.
- Employees at BrokerLink Parry Sound combined their Halloween and United Way festivities. On Halloween, employees donated $5.00 each to wear their costumes at work.
- Members of the BrokerLink Simcoe branch incorporated their passion for food by holding a pizza and waffle party for employees, raising $120.
- The BrokerLink Sudbury branch organized a number of fundraising events such as a silent auction, bake sale and staff contests, raising a total of $425.
- Employees from the BrokerLink Windsor branch used their annual Day of Caring to volunteer for the United Way. Employees assisted the Multicultural Council of Windsor & Essex County on behalf of the United Way, by helping to renovate and paint the centre’s youth service room.
- BrokerLink Brantford celebrated surpassing last year’s United Way fundraising total by printing a giant cheque for this year’s amount of $5,252, which they plan on presenting to their local United Way branch.
- Both the Midland and Century Point branches used pies to get into the United Way spirit. Employees were encouraged to donate for their opportunity to throw a pie at a fellow staff member.
Supporting the United Way is a great opportunity for our employees to showcase their resolve and teamwork in an effort to make the communities in which we live and work better.