Find qualified insurance brokers in Toronto
It’s both Canada’s busiest city and the cultural epicenter of Ontario.
With Toronto’s real estate market red hot and the province of Ontario claiming some of the highest auto insurance rates in Canada, it is essential to save money where you can while protecting the things you value, like your home and car.
Luckily for you, BrokerLink can help you save time and money with competitive insurance quotes that will get you the insurance coverage you need at a competitive price.
Whether it’s finding insurance for your new condo you saved up for in Brockton Village or making sure that your car is protected while you’re driving down the 401, you can get insured without the headache.
Let our team of trained brokers help you find the insurance products that are right for you. They also know how to find the most competitive quotes, ensuring that you receive a competitive insurance rate for your coverage needs.
Drop by our downtown Toronto location and talk to one of our insurance brokers who can help you put together a customized insurance policy for your home insurance, car insurance and other personal and business insurance needs.
What Impacts Insurance in Toronto?
Toronto is Canada’s most populous city. This leads to both advantages and disadvantages when it comes to home and auto insurance rates in the city:
- Toronto is located within the province of Ontario, which is unfortunately the province with the second highest car insurance rates. This directly impacts your rates as a Toronto driver.
- Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area are unfortunately the Canadian capital for auto insurance fraud and make up 83% of all car insurance fraud claims in Ontario. This, as a result, increases rates within the area for everyone.
- Toronto is a cold city. The temperature can drop below thirty degrees in the winter. Cold weather can wreak havoc on indoor plumbing. Make sure your home is well insulated and talk to your insurance broker to make sure your have sufficient water damage coverage if ever a pipe bursts.
- The majority of homeowners in Toronto reside in condos. That means you need to ensure that not only your unit is covered for damage, but that your policy will cover any damage your neighbour’s units may suffer. Fire and smoke can spread quickly when units are constructed in close proximity to each other.
- Toronto is, geographically speaking, a low-lying city. This low elevation and proximity to Lake Ontario makes it susceptible to flash flooding. Consider adding flood coverage when discussing your needs with your broker.
- Crime rate: Toronto has a reputation as a safe city with a crime rate of 71.6 for severe crime. Only Vancouver and Ottawa managed to come in under Toronto in terms of crime safety.
- Toronto is situated close to major earthquake zones. Although earthquake coverage is not mandatory, it should be something to discuss with your broker.
Living and Driving in Toronto:
- Home to the greatest number of people and corporate headquarters in Canada, Toronto is consistently rated as one of the world’s most livable cities.
- The 401 is the highway runs straight through Toronto and connects the city to both the United States and Montreal. It is the busiest highway in the world, with 420,000 vehicles driving across it daily.
- Toronto has some of the highest real estate prices in Canada with it coming in as the 2nd most expensive Canadian city to live in. The average home will cost you a little under $1 million whereas a condo goes for around $500,000.
- Be sure to take in local sights such as the CN Tower, the Toronto Public Library, Osgoode Hall and Church Street. There are also many cultural events that take place around town such the Aurora Winter Festival, the Toronto Storytelling Festival, Poutine Fest and many more.
- Toronto’s population: 2.7 million residents and growing.
Call today or go online to get a free quote. Our qualified registered insurance broker team in Toronto, Ontario will be there to get you right coverage, whether for individual insurance or business insurance.
We only work with insurance companies that provide quality insurance products and customer service always is our top priority.
Get peace of mind with BrokerLink.