Your custom program will include the following coverages:
- Professional liability
- Penal legal costs
- Legal Guard telephone assistance
- Therapy and counselling endorsement
You will also have the option to add on general liability.
THAAA program requirements
You must be a certified member of THAAA to be eligible for this coverage. The requirements for certified members are as follows:
- Support the purpose and objectives of the THAAA
- Submit a completed application form to the THAAA board
- Pay fees as designated by the Board
- Have a Therapy/Rehabilitation Diploma from a recognized institution in OT, PT, SLP or RT, AND/OR
- Have worked as an OT, PT, SLP or RT Assistant a minimum of 3000 hours of supervised practice over 3 years
- Maintain certification by completing the annual continuing competence requirements
- Currently meet the requirements of a Practicing Member
You can learn more about the THAAA membership requirements on the THAAA website.
The Therapy Assistant Association of Alberta (THAAA), promotes the title of Therapy Assistant as opposed to Therapist Assistant. Their professional training and experience provides them with the expertise to provide direct patient care in support of the process of therapy, as opposed to being an assistant to the therapist.
Therapy Assistants work in a variety of settings such as a Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Speech-Language Pathologist Therapy Assistant or Recreation Therapy Assistant.