At BrokerLink, we believe in protecting the things that are important to you. That’s why BrokerLink is proud to support initiatives that promote safe and healthy communities.
Each year, BrokerLink branches work together to support Raising the Roof and United Way, two national organizations that positively impact Canadians in need. In addition to these two annual campaigns, many of our over 1,300 employees across the country are actively involved in donating time and resources to local organizations that benefit the communities where we work and live.
Reflecting back over the last few months since the start of 2015, our employees have generously contributed to a number of community causes, especially in the areas of fundraising for health awareness and health-related research, animal services, and family and community support.
Here are a few highlights of our employees’ local efforts thus far in 2015:
Helping to find cures and supporting health initiatives
- North Bay and both Brantford branches supported the Heart & Stroke Foundation by raising a combined total of $3,099 to participate in the annual Big Bike Ride event (see image above).
- Employees from our Sudbury branch provided refreshments and cheering support to runners in the Canadian Diabetes Association’s annual fundraising run, Sudbury Rocks!!!
- Pete Weightman, President, and Cathy Wilson, Head of Finance, ran 8 km to support prostate cancer research in Harry’s Spring Run Off.
- Employees from Alberta branches teamed up to fundraise and participate in the annual Corporate Cup hockey tournament for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Medicine Hat employees banded together to donate blood to Canadian Blood Services.
Supporting our furry and feathered friends
- Team members at one of BrokerLink’s Brantford branches sold chocolate bars to fundraise for Brant County SPCA (see image above).
- Our Stratford branch created a topiary swan to contribute to the festivities at the annual Swan Celebration, which promotes animal conservatism.
Family and community support
- Windsor employees participated in the annual Easter Seals telethon, which raises money to support children with disabilities.
- In Thunder Bay, employees donated toques from the 2015 Raising the Roof campaign to Shelter House, a local community shelter.
- Brantford and Wetaskiwin employees joined the fight against bullying by wearing pink on Pink Shirt Day, and purchased their pink shirts from local Boys and Girls clubs (see image above).
Throughout the summer months and beyond, our dedicated employees will continue to participate in local civic and charitable efforts across Alberta, Ontario and Atlantic Canada.