Insurance Advisor, Personal Insurance
Slave Lake, Alberta
We have an opening for an Insurance Advisor to join our Personal Insurance team working at our Slave Lake office.
To provide front-line customer service of Personal Lines policies and taking responsibility for the retention and account development of existing clients, quoting and placing new business as required.
Primary Objective/Duties of position:
- Servicing on-going client needs, advising on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommending solutions, answering inquiries, conduct care calls and process renewals
- Selling new policies/writing new business to existing or new clients, retaining existing book of business
- Quoting new business through outbound call initiatives, introductory letters and receiving walk-in clients
- Contacting Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and policy
- Preparing documentation for insurers, completing applications for clients, issuing insurance certificates, processing changes and reviewing renewals
- Keeping current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- Participate in community marketing initiatives
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma and/or Post Secondary Education
- 2+ years customer service experience (previous insurance experience preferred but not required)
- Level 1 General Insurance license or willing to obtain
- Exposure to Agency Manager is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent customer services skills and adept in conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this opportunity interests you, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please also indicate the position and location in the subject heading. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.