Insurance Advisor, Commercial
We have an immediate opening for a Commercial Insurance Advisor to join our team working in our office in Woodstock, Ontario.
Main purpose of position:
To provide a high level of frontline service for existing commercial accounts and to include service, retention and sales with a book of business.
Primary Objective/Duties of position:
- Acquire new business sales and grow book of business
- Providing customers with prompt service by providing advice, helping customer understand insurance, discussing customer concerns
- Receiving and processing all incoming Commercial paperwork, providing quotes to customers, writing new business, reviewing existing coverage and updating customer file information
- Communicating with Insurance Companies, negotiating with underwriters on customer's behalf, negotiating renewal of terms, following up with Adjusters on Claims status
- Develop and maintain a prospect list through the referral process, leading to a growth in your book of business
- Reviews and analyzes existing commercial accounts to identify inadequately protected exposures; contacts commercial accounts prior to the renewal (within timeframes required by BrokerLink) and recommends necessary or desirable changes in coverage
- Develops and maintains a positive, cooperative, professional image with clients, company personnel and other staff members; conducts business in such a manner as to enhance the professional reputation of BrokerLink
- Other responsibilities as designated
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years of commercial lines experience
- Post Secondary Education
- RIBO Licensed
- Working knowledge of Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset
- Working knowledge of Policy Works is an asset
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successful
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a positive and outgoing attitude
- Completion of an Insurance designation or working towards this goal
If this opportunity interests you, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also indicate the position and location in the subject heading. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.