Insurance Advisor, Commercial Insurance
We have an immediate opening for an Insurance Advisor, Commercial Insurance to join our team working in our Highfield Office in Calgary, Alberta.
Main purpose of position:
Provide front-line sales and customer service for small to mid-Market Commercial Insurance accounts.
Primary Objective/Duties of position:
- Service on-going client needs of established book of business; advising on insurance matters; conduct needs assessment; recommend solutions; answer inquires; process renewals.
- Selling new policies/writing new business to existing or new clients; quoting policies; reviewing renewals; achieving growth targets.
- Quoting new business through referrals, cold calls, and introductory letters as well as through walk-in clients.
- Prepare documentation for insurers; complete applications for clients; issuing insurance certificates; processing changes; processing renewals.
- Process Account Receivable activities.
- Responsible for new business and policy change data entry.
- Provide guidance and assistance as required; resource for client escalations.
- Contacting Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines & policies.
- Must be committed to being current on underwriting rules and workflow procedures.
- Participate in Community Marketing events and organizational initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 2 - 5 years of commercial lines experience
- Post Secondary Education
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- Working knowledge of Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset
- Working knowledge of Policy Works is an asset
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy and integrity
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and deadlines
- Commitment to continual learning
- Completion of an Insurance designation or working towards this goal
If this opportunity interests you, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please also indicate the position and location in the subject heading. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.