Assistant Branch Manager
Cold Lake, Alberta
We have an opening for an Assistant Branch Manager to join our team working from our Cold Lake Office in Cold Lake, Alberta.
Reporting to the Regional Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager works closely with a team of insurance professionals to ensure the branch is meeting production targets and operating effectively.
Primary Objective/Duties of position:
- Assist in managing day-to-day operations at branch level
- Monitor performance to ensure ongoing quality and profitability
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Insurance company representatives both in underwriting and management
- Assist in managing the branch book of business to achieve growth and profitability targets
- Implement and monitor branch objectives with respect to commission revenue, policy count, accounts receivables, loss ratios, quality of the book of business and expenses
- Participate in audits of files to manage E&O exposure
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring all branch level operating and expense budgets
- Assist in implementing key measures to monitor efforts, identify opportunities for improvements and enhance key business or operations processes
- Work effectively with all internal departments (Human Resources, Operations, and Professional Development Group) to ensure high performance of employees and ongoing development and performance management of all employees
- Accountable for overall staffing and leadership of the team, motivating staff to participate in company objectives and successfully communicating change or new directions
- Develop succession planning for all key positions and actively manage and develop talent within the team
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post Secondary Education
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Experience in both Personal and Commercial Insurance an asset
- Strong people management skills
- Insurance Designation (CAIB, CIP, FCIP)
- Analytical reading and interpretation of numbers
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this opportunity interests you, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please also indicate the position and location in the subject heading. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.